Mahama Declares NSA Directors Wanted Over Financial Scandal

HomeNEWS REMIX

Mahama Declares NSA Directors Wanted Over Financial Scandal

In a dramatic turn of events, President John Mahama says he has directed the investigative bodies to declare former officials of the National Service

Galamsey pollution threatens agricultural exports – EU sounds alarm
LPG Leader Kofi Akpaloo under investigation for alleged financial crimes; granted GH¢10m bail
Kwabena Agyepong calls for an end to by-elections to replace departed MPs

In a dramatic turn of events, President John Mahama says he has directed the investigative bodies to declare former officials of the National Service Authority (NSA) wanted in connection with the infamous National Service scandal.

President Mahama said this when delivering his maiden State of the Nation Address in Parliament on Thursday, where he noted that “It is estimated that culprits of the NSS scandal made a benefit of ¢50 million monthly from their scheme”.

According to President John Mahama, those involved in the scandal will have their assets frozen until the investigation and prosecution are complete.

This move is seen as a significant escalation of the government’s efforts to tackle corruption and ensure that those responsible for the scandal are brought to justice.

The National Service scandal, which broke last year, alleged that thousands of “ghost names” were on the NSA’s payroll, resulting in massive financial losses.

The scandal led to widespread outrage, with many Ghanaians demanding action against those responsible.

Former NSA officials, including Osei Assibey Antwi and Mustapha Ussif, have denied any wrongdoing, claiming that the allegations are part of a “calculated smear campaign”.

However, President John Mahama’s directive suggests that the government is taking the allegations seriously and is committed to getting to the bottom of the scandal.

 

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: