Euro 24 Round 16: Spain v Georgia preview

HomeSPORTS

Euro 24 Round 16: Spain v Georgia preview

Venue: RheinEnergieStadion (Cologne) Time: 7 pm Referee: Francois Letexier (French)   Every opponent Gerogia wil come across in Germany c

Wout Werghost strikes late to help Netherlands beat Poland 2-1
Euro 24 finals: Berlin set to host Sensational Spain and the never say die England
Euro 2024 semi-final 1 preview: Spain squares off against France

Venue: RheinEnergieStadion (Cologne)
Time: 7 pm
Referee: Francois Letexier (French)

 

Every opponent Gerogia wil come across in Germany can be described as a David v Goliath affair.

The minnows led by the tactical genius of forner Bayern Munich and French right back Wily Sagnol has exceeded all expectations.

Their road to this stage has beenn marked by aggression, quick transitional play, the understanding upfront, high intensity and passion.

Georges Mikautadze is the star turn in the Georgian team. He has been unbelievable in the attack alongside Kvaratskhelia. Georgia’s goalkeeper Mamarshdavili has been probably the best goalkeeper so far in the tournament. The 23-year-old Valencia shotstopper has dazzled well in eveey gane played so far in Euro 2024. His next task is to keep the phenomenal Spaniards away from scoring.

Georgia’s solidity at the back and in the midfield can pose a threat to Spain even though La Roja looks so great in every department.

The midfield trio of Rodri, Pedri and Fabian Ruiz has suffocated so many opponents so Georgia must prepare for their share.

With the dangerous younsters,
16-year-old Lamine Yamal and
21-year-odd Nico Williams on the wings, Georgia’s wing backs, Kakabadze and Lasha Dvali must double their efforts against these young boys.

The skipper and experience Georgian centre-back Guram Kashia is due to monitor Alvaro Morta at the back. Georgia’s 2-0 win over Portugal in their final group game can inspire them to make more history.

Spain has 85% chance of progressing while the minnows Georgia has just 15%.

 

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0